Nepal Celebrates National Teacher Day
Earlier this week, Nepal celebrated Guru Purnima, which is the equivalent of Teacher’s Day. Guru is the Sanksrit word for teacher, and this tradition of giving thanks to your teacher goes back many centuries. This day is marked by the students conducting some ritual ceremonies and also through performances and speeches. We wanted to share some of the pictures of an event that was held at Shikharapur School to celebrate Guru Purnima because without great teachers, it is very difficult to empower young minds.
Photos by Niroj Shrestha
- A Gasp of Hope in the Fight Against COVID-19 - August 31, 2021
- COVID Tsunami Overwhelms Nepal and We Take Emergency Action - May 30, 2021
- Lessons Not Learned. How the 2nd COVID wave could be a Tsunami - April 29, 2021
- Instagroom – Is Social Media Fueling Child Marriage in Nepal? - February 28, 2021
- Another deadly side effect of COVID-19 – Increasing cases of child marriage - June 12, 2020