Helped to rebuild partner school destroyed by the earthquake
Providing Access to More Books
Thanks to our partners LitWorld and Global GLOW, we were able to help build a library for the school and the community, which now provides access to books that the kids actually want to read.
Building Confidence and Strength through Sports
Through a partnership with a local sports organization, we are providing more opportunities for girls to participate in sports and games.
Turning the School to a place of Learning rather than Teaching
As part of the new school, we have helped to set up a Science Lab where students can now do more hands-on activities and learn through experimentation rather than just through books and memorization.
Our Results by the Numbers
- 67 Scholars supported through the foundation over the last 5+ years
- 18 Villages supported through our programming
- 1200 Hours of mentoring and support provided by mentors in 2016 alone
- 24 scholars have gone on to graduate form high school
- 713 Students able to go back to school thanks to a partner school we helped to rebuild after the 2015 earthquake
- 78 Miles traveled by mentors in 2016 alone for home visits
- 40 Teachers have received training through our programs in the last 5 years (this # does not sound right to me — can we review this?)
- 13 young women hold leadership positions at various levels across our programs
- [X] # of students have received routine check-ups thanks to the Health & Wellness program
- [X] # of community members have received check-ups and access to care thanks to the Mobile Health Program
Our Results by Impact
- Imminent cases of child marriage prevented (share Anju Theeng and Anita Balami Stories)
- Girls developing their voice (share video or photos of girls doing public speaking)
- Girls able to express themselves through arts (share Sabina Rumba and others example)
- Graduated scholars are returning to be mentors to new scholars (share Susmita and Puja stories)
- Built a library that is part of the school and the community (do we have any #s on the books, usage, etc. from the library that might be good to share?)
- Changing the way education is delivered (share infor on Project Based Learning / web-based learning and Robotics maybe)
- Provided immediate relief to scholars and greater community after the devastating earthquakes of 2015
When I first became a Rukmini Scholar, I could hardly smile and talk in front of others, but now I can speak in front of groups and I cannot stop smiling.