The Foundation family is very sad to share the passing of Dr. Eliza Bhandari. She is remembered fondly by our scholars and foundation staff for the mentoring program she led around health education in November 2015. For our scholars, seeing a local girl achieve the successes that Eliza did was a true inspiration.
Eliza Didi talking about the importance of healthy habits.
She was not only dedicated to her studies and profession, she was dedicated to serving the community. The Foundation’s Regional Director, Shashi Sharma remembers the time she put in to help the community hospital as an example of her desire to serve the community.
The scholars were not used to seeing local girls that have achieved her levels of success, so they really looked up to her.
Unfortunately, this life of promise ended in a road accident, and the community shares the pain of her family. Even in her short life, she was able to impact so many, especially the girls of the Rukmini Foundation who saw that a girl can grow up to be a Doctor and server her community.
Our thoughts are with her family.
Eliza Didi surrounded by Scholars at Didi Program
- Remembering Eliza, an inspiration to many young girls - January 24, 2018
- Reflecting on my dream journey to FIRST Global Challenge - August 22, 2017
- Passing through the Iron Gates while building a robot - August 8, 2017
- Our Visit with High Ranking Officials of Nepal - June 28, 2017
- Team RukuBot and Their Parents Share Their Feelings - June 12, 2017
- Leaving a Footprint At International Robotics Olympics - May 12, 2017
- Why I planted a tree on Earth Day - April 26, 2017
- Team RukuBot making progress and getting ready for Robotics Olympics - April 20, 2017